Thursday, September 11, 2014

Scenes from the wedding weekend...

Well we survived the wedding weekend! After some recovery time at the lake with my family, we made it back to Nashville Tuesday night. The wedding weekend could not have gone any better. Truly. My mom, aunt and I had the best time decorating the rehearsal dinner, and I think the bride and groom truly appreciated all the special touches. I appreciated my mother-in-law coming in town to wrangle and babysit the two bubs so I could enjoy the weekend. Lots of stories, memories, toasts and even some roasts kicked off the weekend and showed just how much those two are loved. And yes, I made it through my toast without too much of an ugly cry {just barely!}. Snacks and sips with manis and pedis Saturday morning kicked off the wedding day festivities. I was in awe of how calm and laid back the bride to be was! A fun morning of hair and makeup, and it was "Goading to the chapel" time {that was the hashtag runner-up}. George was in heaven serving his ring bearer duties and soaked up all the attention he could from the lovely bridesmaids. Sweet Baby Jude was soaking up {gobbling up!} any and all snacks my mother-in-law had for him {anything to keep him contained!}. G made it down the aisle {and then up to me!}, Jude only had to leave once and then before we knew it, the happy couple was husband and wife. It was a beautiful ceremony, and the night just got better from there. Although I was suddenly dateless, it was such fun to watch B serenade the two for their first dances and then dance as he and the band rocked out all night {they sounded amazing!}. Plenty of bubbly, catching up with family and friends, photo booth fun and more confetti than I have ever seen, all made for a truly magical night. Cheers to the new Mr. and Mrs. Goad!





































1 comment: