Thursday, September 25, 2014

Make this now!

We all love Pinterest but who else is guilty of just pinning away and never actually cooking, making, doing what you pin?? That is me! So, I'm starting with my Yum board and attempting to cook more of what I'm pinning.

I have been eyeing this delicious looking dish for some time now and whipped it up the other night. Oh my goodness. Make it now! It was so easy and so tasty. My kind of recipe!

Maple and Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Barley
adapted from Rachel Schultz

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup barley
  • 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • ⅓ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
  • ⅓ cup pecans pieces
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds


Directions:

  1. Cook barley according to package.
  2. Heat brussels sprouts and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  3. Season with salt & pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
  5. Toss barley, sprouts, pom seeds and pecans in a large bowl. Top with gorgonzola.

No comments:

Post a Comment