Friday, September 19, 2014

Re:Make Recap

Get ready for picture overload. I don't even have the words to fully explain the excess of creativity that was Re:Make. Everywhere you looked there was inspiration. And everyone you met was awe-inspiring. Seriously. I met people who make their own make-up. People who make air quality control detectors. And I'm all I make my kids' lunches. I joke, but what I took away is no matter if you make for fun or for a living, we are all makers at heart. It was a weekend of part conference, part festival complete with plenty of shopping and plenty of DIYing.

The invitation only conference kicked off Friday with a convicting keynote from Brit + Co founder Brit Morin, sharing that 77% of adults feel like they have lost their creativity. This hit me hard. These days I tend to feel so uninspired and drained, but Re:Make was just what I needed to help get my creative mojo back. We were challenged to live creatively as we heard from such inspiring techies, makers and innovators like Joy Cho of Oh Joy, beauty expert and YouTube sensation Kandee Johnson, Lowe's Innovation Labs Executive Director Kyle Nel and Yoobi founder Ido Leffler {they are the Toms to school supplies!}. We were wowed by presentations from start-ups like Drop, Walhub {watch this hilarious and clever video now!} and Urbio. And got our DIY on with fun make-breaks by Michaels and Wilton. The highlight for me was definitely the intimate blogger luncheon I was fortunate enough to attend with Brit, Randi Zuckerberg, Jaime Derringer and other speakers and fellow bloggers. Such a fascinating round table discussion of the maker movement, blogging and how we live creatively. We wrapped up the day with a cocktail reception featuring the tastiest of libations made with Izze's fizzy juices. Yum yum!

As if our brains were not already on creative overload, Saturday's festival just added to it.  Open to the public, any and all came out to shop talented makers' goods and DIY with some of the best brands including my favorites Hallmark, Beacon Adhesives, Lowe's, Michaels and Wilton. I loved crafting with new friends and my pockets were certainly a little lighter after snagging some goodies from some of my favorite makers like Paperlaced, Missive, A Handcrafted Home and Parallel Print Shop. Check out all the makers {and shop too!} here. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to attend Re:Make. My creative juices are truly flowing, and I am so thankful for all I learned. 

Now I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

































2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun time that must have been :) So Sorry I missed you while you were here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards

    Software

    ReplyDelete