Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Par-DIY

We are in Dallas this week celebrating my brother and soon to be sis-in-law who are getting married this weekend. Whoo-hoo! In honor of their celebration, I wanted to share some fabulous ideas for your next celebration or gathering.

I recently threw a Par-DIY for some of my girlfriends, and I have to say it is one of my favorite parties to date. If book clubs or cooking clubs aren't your thing, this DIY {do it yourself} gathering is such a fun idea for a girls night. I was fortunate enough to participate in the Brit + Co-Op, and those fabulous gals sent me 11 Brit Kits featuring Timex Weekenders. I invited over ten of my best crafty gal pals and we spent the night making and mingling, sipping and snacking.

How fun are these Brit Kits??
As soon as they arrived and I saw the lime and orange watches, I knew a neon/DIY theme was in order.
How perfect is this DIY tassel garland??
I wanted to keep the food and drink super simple since I knew we'd all be busy getting our craft on.
In the spirit of our DIY theme, I went with a DIY Greek Nacho Bar, DIY Cookie Bar and DIY Bubbly Bar.
For the nacho bar, I offered soft pita bread and crispy pita chips with roasted red pepper hummus and garlic hummus.
Toppings included kalamata olives, cucumbers, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese.

For the cookie bar I offered sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting and Nutella.
Toppings included mini chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries and sprinkles.

I love a mimosa bar, and this fit perfectly with our DIY theme.
I offered lemonade, raspberry lemonade and cranberry juice along with prosecco and LaCroix.
Raspberries, mint and pomegranate seeds were the perfect garnishes.

I made this quick DIY table runner out of kraft wrapping paper and neon washi tape.
For a DIY vase, I stripped old Modelo Especial beer bottles and wrapped around the neon washi tape.
And I just love the neon scissors!
The girls arrived and made plates and cocktails,
And then it was time to craft!
Brit + Co and Timex were so generous to send everything we needed to embroider our Weekenders to best suit our style.

Some of us were not as crafty as we thought and struggled to even thread our needle.
Ha!
Luckily we quickly got the hang of it and were in full DIY mode.


It was so fun to watch everyone pick their colors of thread and come up with their designs.

Lots of laughter to me is always the sign of a good party.


Our par-DIY was a success!
And I LOVE the way mine turned out.
I cannot thank Brit + Co and Timex enough for such a fun evening.
If you're interested in becoming part of the Brit + Co Co-op program, apply here.

No comments:

Post a Comment