Friday, February 22, 2013

Rest

Rest. A four letter word that rarely appears in my day to day life. Well that is until sickness takes over and knocks you down making you meet rest face to face.
 
 
This really resonated with me. What is it about rest that makes us feel unworthy or guilty or even apologetic? I rarely get sick where I am just completely out of commission, but this past week, I thought I was dying {I asked B if he thought he could raise George as a single dad!}. I think I fought it and fought it for so long because I have this sense of pride {or I don't know what} that won't allow me to be sick and just rest. Sadly, I finally had to give in, and you know what? I'm so glad I did.
 
 
I finally realized work, social functions, a clean house...none of that matters when it comes to my {and my baby's} health. I finally accepted that I needed to just stop and rest. After many, many days in bed I finally feel like I am on the mend. Heading to the lake this afternoon with my boys and some friends. So looking forward to some more rest and a chance to relax and catch up with those that I love. Cheers friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment