Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My favorite comfort food

Recipe Club was last night, and I was so sad to miss.  Spent the night snuggling with my sick babe {boo ear infections!}.  I was especially looking forward to last night's theme...Comfort food in comfy clothes.  I could not wait to put on my sweats and take my favorite comfort food, honey beer bread.  This is the best bread ever and hands down one of the easiest recipes I know.  Enjoy!



Honey Beer Bread Recipe
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 bottle {12 ounces} beer
  • 4 Tbsp. {half stick} butter, melted {I double this!}

Directions:
{Makes 1 loaf}
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x 5x 3-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.  Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment