Sunday, February 8, 2015

Scenes from our Texas adventure

Last month we ventured off on a road trip to Texas. We headed to Dallas to celebrate the life of my paternal grandfather. He passed away right before Christmas, and his memorial service would have made him proud. It was filled with music and stories about the incredible husband, father and man he was. He had a voice like no one else. He could dance circles around anyone. His passion for family was unrivaled. And he had a way of making everyone he met feel like a million bucks. I was so thankful for the opportunity to go home and spend time with family as we honored him.

B had to head to Colorado for work the day after the service, so the boys and I decided to spend some time catching up with family and friends. We even made a side trip to Austin to see some of my oldest friends and their precious kiddos. There is something so special about watching your little ones play with your best friends' little ones. Here's hoping we get to more often!

The rest of our time in Dallas was spent with more friends and family. Adventures in lunching with toddlers makes me appreciate our girls night out that much more! Of course I had my fix of Tex Mex {five out of our twelve days!} and am counting down until I can go back and enjoy a real margarita.

We were fortunate to spend lots of time with family who live in Dallas and those who were in visiting as well. A play date with my cousin's adorable twins and dinner and Scrabble with my aunt and grandma, make me realize how truly blessed I am by family.

Our last few days were spent enjoying a Texas sized donut {that is a post in itself!} and plenty of park time soaking up the gorgeous weather. B made it back to Dallas to pick us up, and we were back on the road. Looking forward to our next trip home!































No comments:

Post a Comment