Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Scenes from the weekend...Jude's Picnic Party

It might be Wednesday, but I feel like I'm just now starting this week. Oh what a weekend! Feeling very grateful as we celebrated my sweet baby Jude turning one, and as with any big celebration, I'm pooped. My fabulous mom {and partner in crime!} came in town to celebrate and help me throw our darling picnic party {as in baking all the desserts until 1:30am the night before!}. With doom and gloom in the forecast we prayed the rain would hold off, and thankfully it did. In turn, it was the hottest day of the year! Drenched in sweat we all still had a ball. We were sad more of our family could not make it in town, but our amazing friends made up for that. Plenty of food, some adult spiked lemonade and a hula hoop contest made for a good party. Jude absolutely loved his cake and got plenty of help from big brother and friends. In true picnic fashion the ants took over! It was just as the clouds started rolling back in, so we packed up our picnic. Luckily a little rain couldn't put a damper on our party, so the adults sat on the porch {sipping lemonade!} and watched the kids play in the rain. It was the perfect party for my sweet baby Jude.




















Stay tuned for more pics featuring all the fun picnic goodies we used for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment