Friday, March 1, 2013

TGIF

Thank the lord it's Friday!  This day started off a little rough.  Did not beat them up this morning and was running around like a mad woman because I have no clothes.  My regular clothes don't fit and my maternity clothes are too big and everything that does work is at the cleaners.  Why can't I just wear yoga pants to work??  So of course we were crazy late, and when I got G to school I was trying to quickly get him signed in.  They have to wash their hands when they arrive, and he loves to play with the water.  Me being frustrated at how late I was tried to rush him through and of course he slipped off the step stool and busted his lip on the sink.  Instant blood and tears {from both of us}.  In that moment I realized nothing else mattered {i.e. being to work on time} so I went and held my baby and wiped his tears.  We got him an ice pack, and I was able to fight back my tears once my little man lit up at the sight of breakfast {he is a bottomless pit}.  I got him situated at the table, and he was smiling and laughing with his friends.  I felt okay leaving knowing he would be fine, but of course the whole walk to the car I was beating myself up that I took my frustration with myself out on him.  Let's just say there was no need to put on makeup this morning because as soon as I got in my car, I was sobbing!  I know there will be many more busted lips and definitely some skinned knees and bruised elbows along the way.  In the meantime though, I'm going to continue reading this.  Happy Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment