Friday, July 27, 2012

What can I bring?

Happy Friday to all!  Cannot believe another week has come and gone, but thank you for the weekend {so needing to sleep in tomorrow!}.  So last night I got to thinking about hostess gifts…We went to a lovely dinner party at some new friends’ house and of course asked, “What can we bring?” They graciously replied with the common answer among hosts, “Just yourselves.”  Well I don’t know about you, but I’m never one to show up empty-handed.  My go-to host treats include the following:




But so often I find {and I’m the exact same way} the hosts have already selected the wine for the evening, have flowers and décor already in place and have whipped up some lovely dessert. There is then the feeling of obligation to open the bottle of wine or serve the dessert. And the worst is when the host has to stop whatever preparations they are doing to find and fill a vase with your flowers. Suddenly I feel like I’ve imposed!

So, all that to say, we have another dinner invitation this weekend {and have already received the “Just bring yourselves” response}, so I’m thinking of trying something new. A friend mentioned this idea on her fabulous blog, and I love it!


So often as the host you’ve crossed every t and dotted every i for that evening’s engagement…the last thing you want to do is fix breakfast the next morning. J What better {and thoughtful} gift than a breakfast treat! I’m thinking I’ll be hitting up Great Harvest tomorrow for some scrumptious cinnamon chip bread. Enjoy the weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment