Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God Bless the USA!

I am a sucker for the Fourth of July.  It just might be one of my favorite holidays.  I have been belting Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA since last night.  B is playing a gig tomorrow night and has been practicing it...naturally I feel the need to chime in as well {I'm thinking he won't be asking me up on stage anytime soon}.

Aside from celebrating our great nation's independence, the Fourth is really just a great excuse to decorate and cook up some red, white and blue treats.  Since we will be driving into the lake and basically heading straight to hear B play there won't be much time for decorations and themed cooking {thank you Dulce Desserts for whipping up my red, white and blue star cookies!}.

So, for those of you not traveling, there is still time to get organized and pull together a fabulous patriotic party.  Here's what I would be doing...

I adore the classic American flag cake.

How fun and simple is this decor?



This ice cream cake sounds ah-mazing.

Check out these simple {and free} can wrappers.


Happy Independence day to all!  Celebrate freedom, eat something red, white and blue and be sure and take in a fireworks show {always my favorite!}.  We'll see you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment