Thursday, March 24, 2016

Welcome Back to the Land of the Living

There should have been a post Monday morning titled "Scenes from Amos' Baptism Weekend." There should have been a post filled with pics of my sweet boy dressed in white smiling as we all celebrated his special weekend. There should have been a post with words sharing the fun we had fellowshipping with friends and family that came in town. But sadly there was no post because there was no baptism. Despite the obscene amount of food, flowers and rented chairs, our special weekend celebrating my littlest man was cancelled in the midst of it when strep throat knocked me out. I kept trying to rally thinking I could make it by Sunday morning but there was no way. Never have I been so sick. Strep throat is no joke! I'd take child birth over the fever and pain I experienced the last few days. While the mom guilt set in {and was almost worse than the illness}, I was so thankful for the family that was here and my incredible husband. As moms we are not supposed to get sick and thankfully these amazing people let me rest and recover all while taking care of my kiddos. After some drugs, shots, hot tea and plenty of sleep, I rejoined the land of the living yesterday and feel like a whole new person. Even made a trip to Target with the bubs so we are officially back to normal around here. Luckily I did manage to snap a few shots of some of our outdoor fun before the dreaded strep took over!






No comments:

Post a Comment