Monday, February 24, 2014

Scenes from the weekend...

Happy Monday, friends! Here's hoping you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Here's what went down for us this weekend.

{via}

Yep, that's right. No pictures. I was really convicted last week about my blog and sometimes feeling like I get caught in that trap of living to blog instead of blogging what I live. So I decided to take last week off from blogging and just focus on my family and our big move. When I saw this pic Jessi from Naptime Diaries posted on Friday, I decided to carry it out over the weekend. Would you believe I didn't even snap a single picture?? Trust me when I say we had a great weekend and took this challenge to heart. There were several things that were "too much" for the internet and this little old blog. The good including "too much" fun sitting around our kitchen table jamming to "We Built This City" {G's new favorite song} to the bad including "too much" bodily functions with Baby Jude being a bit under the weather, all helped me realize as wonderful as social media is we all need to take a break every now and then. I love documenting our lives and enjoy looking back over the years, but sometimes I miss experiencing the moment because I'm too busy trying to capture it.

Here's looking forward to starting a new week, attempting to pack and enjoying some fun with my kiddos!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Rachel! I've been having the EXACT same convictions for the past few weeks. You took the words right out of my mouth and heart! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you friend! It is such a fine line, but I am so inspired by other mamas just like you! So thankful for our sweet blogging community. :)

      Delete