Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crazy about Cucumbers

Now that I'm home during the day I'm faced with the temptation of what to eat for lunch.  When I was working, I tried to bring my lunch {healthy ones} but usually opted for a fun lunch out with co-workers {which translated into something not so healthy}.  While I miss the gabbing with the gals {and the pommes frites}, I have found I'm eating so much better at home and enjoying it.  My latest kick is cucumbers!  I have been eating them almost every day.  Check out some of my favorite ways to eat these cool cucs.

Just mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and toss in cucumbers.  So tasty!  
I enjoyed with an apple cheddar melt {and La Croix of course!}.

Adding cucumbers to a traditional Caprese salad gives it that little crunch that makes it so delish!
Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella and basil and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper.

The other day B and I were eating at our favorite little spot, and I ordered this tasty salad.
Cucumbers, honey and goat cheese!
Recreated it at home and cannot get enough of it.
The flavor combo is amazing and so light and refreshing!

So, what's your favorite lunch these days?

1 comment:

  1. Looks so fresh and so healthy! I type that as I eat my 5th birthday cake oreo, ha!

    I usually have either leftovers or a sandwich on whole wheat or a quesadilla--all depends on what I'm making for Owen.

    ReplyDelete