Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gone baby gone!

Let me start off by saying I have never been one of those crazy people that gets up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to shop all the deals.  I have also never been one to go after some sought out toy, electronic, clothing item, etc. that required waiting in a line.  All that to say, I naively thought my mom and I could show up right at 8:00 this morning when the Target opened and have prime picking of our favorite Missoni for Target items.  Wrong.

This was the scene at 8:07am.  

I should have known better when my friend Courtney texted at 6:55am that the website server was already down.  So we left our house at 7:58am and arrived to a full Target parking lot at 8:05am.  I told my mom to book it straight to bedding because I determined the main thing I wanted was this throw.


As we made our way in and first passed the office supplies section we quickly learned we were on an episode of Supermarket Sweep, and it was a matter of just grab what you can and put it in your cart.  Sadly, by the time we rounded the corner and approached bedding we found nothing but empty shelves.  My mom decided to leave me there and head to another location in hopes of obtaining the throw.  In the meantime (since there was no shopping to be done considering literally every Missoni item was off the shelves or racks and in another's cart) I stalked the few lucky patrons who had the throw in their carts hoping I could persuade them to give it to me.  No such luck.  Mom called at 8:16am to report the second location was just as picked over and had nothing but bare shelves.  Got a call about 8:20am from Courtney in Chicago who said they only put out two throws and some girl immediately snatched them both.  Court did manage to snag one of the fabulous totes.

Thanks to our Supermarket Sweep skills when we first entered I did manage to wind up with a little loot.


I guess the good news is, as the lovely manager of Target shared with us ladies while we waited to check out, 'It was an incident free morning.' :)  I was so worried heads were going to roll as each customer tried to run past the other with their overflowing carts.  

Oh, and if you missed your chance to partake in the madness, you can now find most of the collection available on Ebay for five and six times the original markup.  Oh yes, my throw is now going for $228!

1 comment:

  1. At least you were able to get the baby a new outfit - Fingers crossed it will be a girl, if not, I am sure the boy will have enough confidence to pull off Missoni!

    ReplyDelete