Saturday, February 26, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

I am such a movie buff.  I love going to the movies.  I love renting movies.  I love talking about movies.  I think I secretly wish I was in the movies.  So, awards season is my favorite!  I had some girls over and made yummy snacks for the Golden Globes, which did not disappoint.  Now for the Academy Awards, the Superbowl of award season, we are going to a fabulous Oscar party.


We went last year, and it is so fun.  The Belcourt Theatre is just cool in general.  It has such a hip, retro vibe.  This party is the perfect combination of relaxed glam.  So aside from the party, let's focus on the bigger picture (pun intended).  Who do you think will win?  I tried to see most of the films nominated and definitely have some favorites.  Here are the nominations with those I think should win in bold and those that will win italicized.

Best Picture

Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone

Actor in a Leading Role

Javier Bardem
Jeff Bridges
Jesse Eisenberg
Colin Firth
James Franco

Actress in a Leading Role

Annette Bening
Nicole Kidman
Jennifer Lawrence
Natalie Portman
Michelle Williams

Directing

Black Swan
The Fighter
The King's Speech
The Social Network
True Grit

Actor in a Supporting Role

Christian Bale
John Hawkins
Jeremy Renner
Mark Ruffalo
Geoffrey Rush

Actress in a Supporting Role

Amy Adams
Helena Bonham Carter
Melissa Leo
Hailee Steinfeld
Jacki Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment