Monday, February 6, 2012

It's all about the food...

Happy day after the Super Bowl!  Did everyone watch the game?  Sadly since the Saints were not playing I was not as into the game.  Any favorite commercials?  The M&Ms strip down was my favorite. :)

So typically for me the Super Bowl is just a great excuse to eat yummy food.  I usually find it's the first party post the food and libation stuffing, grazing and over-indulging that is the Christmas/NYE holiday, but it's also around the time I'm so over my new year diet. ;)  However this year since I am still trying to shed my last baby LBs, I decided I would remain strong.  So when choosing the app to take to our party, I figured I would add meat so I wouldn't be tempted. ;)

I found this recipe on Pinterest and was intrigued...as I'm all about ease these days!



B has some venison in the freezer, so I thought it would be the perfect addition.  I love a good recipe that is five ingredients or less.

And voila!  Jalapeño Cream Cheese Venison Poppers

Luckily I was not the only one that went with a meaty appetizer.  I managed to make it through the main buffet without being tempted at all.  However the dessert bar was another story. :(  I'll just pretend the ice cream, caramel, toffee, cool whip concoction I could not get enough of was calorie-free.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment