Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful for so much

I cannot believe it is already well into December.  I feel like I am not even thinking about Christmas because we have been so focused on getting ready for this baby.  I am a little sad we will not be traveling home for the holidays but am so excited to think our little one will be here which is the best gift of all. :)

Since we are not traveling for Christmas and were unable to travel for Thanksgiving, my whole family came for a Music City Turkey Day.  What fun we had!  My parents, youngest brother Michael and grandmother all traveled from Dallas.  My Aunt Kim came in from NYC and my Aunt Sondra, Uncle Bob and cousin Hannah all arrived from Baltimore.  I had all the 'fixins' but was not allowed to cook. Talk about the easiest hosting gig!  I did try to make sure to have plenty of yummy snacks on hand including their favorites...like my grandmother's Cheeto's.  She seriously loves them. :)


My beautiful cousin Hannah

A new family tradition has become a contest of seeing who can hold the squat position the longest.  We used to do this to get ready for ski trips but now it has become quite a competition.






Aunt Kim prevailed! 


My table setting including yummy personalized cookies from Dulce Desserts.


Chloe thoroughly enjoyed snuggling up with her Uncle Michael. :)


Thanksgiving mimosas



My contribution to the day's menu. :)






Mom's turkey is amazing!  Makes this vegetarian almost want to dig in.

Our spread!

After spending the day stuffing ourselves silly we called it a night.  The rest of the weekend we showed the out-of-towners some of Nashville including Music Row, Hatch Show Print Shop, a tour of the Ryman and the Patterson House.  It was not all play though as I put these folks to work with help in the nursery finishing up the last touches.  

It truly was a Thanksgiving to remember and hard to believe next year we will have a little one around.  We have so much to be thankful for this year, and I am just so grateful that we were able to spend the holiday with family we love so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment