Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Travels - Part Two

Forgive me for the picture overload, but considering I never print pictures anymore, this is my way to document our life. Ha! So after we bid farewell to B's family in Louisiana, our road trip adventures continued. B dropped us off in Dallas, and he headed to Canada for work {a huge country music festival hardly sounds like work to me!}. We packed up the boys and Oma and Poppa and headed to the ranch.

I was so excited to go to the ranch! It is our family land in the Hill Country of Texas, and we had not been since G was just a few months old. I was so excited for the boys to get to play and get dirty and enjoy country living. Plus my parents are building a new house, and I could not wait to see where they cleared all the land. We took in plenty of dirt road playing, splashing in the creek, a parade and rodeo to boot {pun intended.}. But the highlight was driving up to the top of the "mountain" to see where the new house would be built in just a few months. It has me giddy and sentimental at the same time to think of all the memories that will be made there.

After we washed off all the dirt we could we packed back in the car and headed back to Big D. B was coming back, and I was ready to see him {single parents have my complete admiration!}. Fun times swimming at Oma and Poppa's pool, Mexican night at my fav with some of my besties and the best part, a weekend of pre-wedding festivities to celebrate my baby bro and soon to be sister-in-law. Once those crazy kids landed from California, it was non-stop wedding prep, showers and parties. It was certainly a whirlwind, but the best kind. Non-stop fun. I hosted a party for them Sunday afternoon before they headed to the airport and cannot wait to share all the "Mr. and Mrs." party details with you. My boys and I packed up and hit the road bright and early Monday to head back to Nashville. Now just looking forward to doing it all again come September and the big day!

























2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Love love the pics of the boys at the ranch - so special for you I'm sure! xo LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos look amazing, Rachel! I'm glad you had fun at the ranch. It's nice to see the family enjoying a breath of fresh air. The boys look like they really enjoyed playing under the warm sun. Hopefully, the family gets to enjoy more carefree days like that. All the best! :)

    Darren Lanphere @ Mirr Ranch Group

    ReplyDelete